Top 10 Travel companies in India
With the world realizing the potentiality of tourism as a major form of earning revenue and opening up its doors to tourists from across the globe, there are several travel companies that have emerged in the country that has been providing both domestic and international packages. The best travel companies can be relied upon to get high quality packages and smooth travel that can fulfill the dream of the tourist. The packages generally include bus, train and flight tickets, and hotel bookings, according to the budget of the individual.
Top 10 Travel companies in India:
1. MakemyTrip: This company has its corporate office located in Gurgaon, Haryana and was established in the year 2000. Since then there was no turning back for this company that is said to have revolutionized the Indian travel industry. It is regarded to be a reputed online travel company which offers its customers with international and domestic travel services that comprises of bus, train and flight tickets, hotel reservations and packages along with other services and products.
2. Thomas Cook: It has its corporate office in London, U.K. and was established in 1881. Its main business is tourism and is the leading travel company in the country, operating in over 98 cities and having offices worldwide, located in Mauritius and Sri Lanka. The services on offer include Corporate Travel Management, MICE, Foreign Exchange, Leisure Travel, E-Business and Insurance. This company has been awarded as the most reliable brand in the industry by ‘Brand Trust Report’. It also has managed to win several prestigious awards in the travel category.
3. Cox & Kings: This Company has its corporate office in Mumbai and was established in 1758. It boasts of having about twelve offices across India, with global offices being located in Japan, U.K., Russia, USA, Singapore and Dubai. Services offered by this company are destination management, outbound tourism, business travel, trade fairs, domestic holidays and much more.
4. Yatra: It has its corporate office in Gurgaon and was established in 2006. It is an online travel company and is a premium tour operator that offers all travel related products and services. It also offers vital information, pricing details, bookings and availability of international and domestic hotels, train, car rentals, flights and packages across 336 cities.
5. SOTC: It has its corporate office in Mumbai and was established in 1949. It is considered to be travel brand for Kuoni India. It is said to have the expertise in Domestic holidays, escorted tours, corporate tours, free individual travel, customized holidays and trade fair tours.
6. Goibibo: This Company being established in 2009 has its corporate office in Gurgaon. In a very short span of time, this company has been able to overcome competition to emerge to be the best travel company in the country. It is regarded to be a one-stop online company that features different travel products and services and allows customers to explore huge range of hotels and destinations across the globe.
7. Expedia: It has its corporate office in Bellevue, Washington and established in 1996. Customers can buy hotels, holiday packages and air tickets from anywhere and all under one roof. This company offers over 75,000 hotels and more than 3,000 holiday packages, besides additional features, where the customer is allowed to check weather and map forecasts of the specified destination.
8. Cleartrip: It has its corporate office in Mumbai and was established in 2006. It offers online travel services and is quite reliable.
9. Travelguru: It has its corporate office in Mumbai and established in 2005. It facilitates its customer by providing a plethora of options to choose from.
10. Akbar Travels India Pvt Ltd.: This Company has its corporate office in Mumbai and was established in 2007. It has the maximum number of branches that is IATA approved.