List of Top 10 International Airports in India
The aviation industry undoubtedly has been among fastest developing business in the country, contributing towards the Indian economy. There are several domestic and international airports that serve passengers to reach places within the country or abroad. However, the TOP 10 INTERNATIONAL AIRPORTS IN INDIA are said to possess state-of-the-art equipments, facilities and exhibit very high class services to its passengers, right from the check-in to departure.
List of Top 10 International Airports in India :
- IGIA: Indira Gandhi Intl. Airport is among the busiest and largest airport at Palam area of NCR region in Delhi. It is popularly called the Delhi International Airport. Some big airliners here are the Boeing 777 and 747 jets, Airbus A380, etc. It is also a busy airport of South Asian region. Terminal 3 was opened recently and occupies about 5,02,000 sq. m. of space.
- CSIA: Chhatrapati Shivaji Intl. Airport is regarded to be busy just next to the Delhi international airport when overall passenger traffic is concerned. Previously it was called ‘Sahar International Airport’. The airport is located in Santa Cruz suburb area, Mumbai.
- Kempegowda Intl. Airport: It is also called BIA (Bengaluru International Airport) and is the country’s third busiest. Air traffic here has been growing at a very fast pace, because of increase in tech industry in this region. It was in 24th May, 2008 that it got inaugurated and replaced HAL airport.
- Rajiv Gandhi Intl. Airport: It is also popularly called the Hyderabad Intl. Airport, Shamshabad, Hyderabad. It has been named after former Indian Prime Minister, Rajiv Gandhi. This airport has replaced previous Hyderabad airport at Begumpet. It helps to facilitate need for handling new age bigger aircrafts such as Airbus A380. It was on March 23rd 2008, it was opened commercially. ‘Skytrax’ had it ranked number one among Indian airports in 2013.
- Chennai Intl. Airport: It is regarded to be the busiest airport of South India. It is located in Tirusulam town’s suburbs in Kancheepuram. It was the first airport to receive in 2001, the much prestigious ISO 9001-2000 certification.
- Netaji Subash Chandra Bose Int. Airport, Kolkata: It is also called the Kolkata International Airport and previously known as the Dum Dum Airport. It is regarded to be an important hub for flights that come from the country’s north-eastern parts, Southeast Asia and Bangladesh.
- Cochin Intl. Airport: It is also called Nedumbassery Airport, located in Kochi city. It is also a focus city exclusively for several airlines such as IndiGo, Air India, Spice Jet and Jet Airways. It serves few international airlines which includes Qatar Airways, Etihad Airways and Fly Emirates.
- Sardar Vallabhai Patel Intl. Airport: It is also called Ahmedabad International Airport, located in Gujarat’s Ahmedabad region. It is among the busiest of all airports in the country’s western part. It enjoys good traffic throughout the year.
- Goa Intl. Airport: It is called popularly as Dabolim Airport, located in Dabolim city in Goa. It is among the few airports that are profitably managed by AAI. It was established in 1950 by Estado da-India Portuguesa government. In 1961 December, this airport was bombarded by the Indian Airforce and just after five months in 1962 April,, it was occupied completely by the Navy’s Air Wing.
- Trivandrum Intl. Airport: This airport is the country’s first international airport established in non-metro city. It is in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala where it is located. It is also ISO 9001-2000 certified.
These are the TOP 10 INTERNATIONAL AIRPORTS IN INDIA.
The country of India has been progressing since its independence and the infrastructure and facilities available at the top international airports are sufficient proof of it.