It is very important for every person to make some savings, so that the future is secured. However, there is a need to save the hard earned money at the right place, so that the amount is multiplied over time. One better option would be to go for mutual funds that do offer wonderful returns on investment.
Mutual funds in India
Mutual funds in this country is still regarded to be an under tapped market. It is just around 10% of Indians, who have invested in this form of investment. The reason for not much eager to put their savings in this type is due to the lack of information and high risk associated with it. The initial mutual fund company that opened avenues for the Indian public is a public sector one called UTI (Unit Trust of India) that had monopoly in the market until 1987. However, in 1993, the market got opened for private players, with the first being Kothari Pioneer.
Top ranking companies in India : - This ranking has been based upon the volume.
1. BNP Paribas Equity Fund: It is the 6th biggest asset manager company of Europe having assets in 40 countries of more than 478 billion EURO. The total revenue earned is about Rs. 127 – 150 Crore and there are around 2000 – 3000 employees. It has its head office at Mumbai.
2. Canara Robeco: A Dutch company having size of $246 billion, spread across the globe. The total revenue earned is Rs. 105-120 Crore and the employee numbers range between 1000 and 1500. It also has its head office located at Mumbai.
3. ICICI Prudential Asset Mgt. Co. Ltd.: It is a joint venture between Prudential Plc and ICICI. It has its presence spread over 150 cities and has been in operation for more than 18 years. Total revenue is about Rs. 4,320 – 4,500 Crore and boasts of having 700-1,000 employees. It also has its headquarters in Mumbai.
4. UTI Opportunities: It is still the most trustworthy company in the circuit and has total revenue of about Rs. 1,861 – 2,000 Crore. There are about 1500-2000 employees and its headquarters is located in Mumbai.
5. Birla Sun Life: A joint venture between Sun Life Fin. Services Inc, Canada and Aditya Birla Group. It was in 1994 it started operation and has presence in over 26 countries. The total revenue is about Rs. 382-400 Crore and the employees are about 1,500-1,800, with headquarters in Mumbai.
6. Mirae Emerging Blue Chip Fund: A Korean Company that started operation in 1997. Hyeon-Joo Park is its founder. Total revenue is about Rs. 139-150 Crore. There are around 1,000-1,200 employees and headquarters is located in Mumbai.
7. SBI Emerging Busi: This Company has been there for more than 25 years. It is a joint venture between AMUNDI France and SBI and has its presence in over 222 cities. The total revenue is about Rs. 1,192-1,200 Crore and there are around 2,000-3,000 employees. It also has its headquarters in Mumbai.
8. Tata Ethical Fund: It is Tata Group subsidiary and total revenue is about Rs. 107-110 Crore, with employees around 1,000-2,000 and Mumbai, its headquarters.
9. Axis Long Term Equity Fund: It has about 28 schemes and more than 460,000 investors, having presence in over 70 cities. The total revenue is about Rs. 634-650 Crore and employees around 1,200-1,500 and head office in Mumbai.
10. Kotak Nifty ETF: It was in 1998 that Kotak Mahindra MF started operation and presently boasts of having more than 750,000 investors for its different schemes. The total revenue is about Rs. 36.59-40 Crore. There are 500-1,200 employees, having headquarters in Nariman Point, Mumbai.
Going through the details of the company can help the investor to make smart decisions while making investments and to minimize risks.